This French Renaissance style building designed by an architect Hanroku Yamaguchi was built in 1902 as the fourth prefectural government building. All but the external walls were burned down by war, which was restored twice after the war. It has turned into the Hyogo Prefecture Guest House remaining the vestige of the Meiji era, and observing over 100 years of the history of Hyogo Prefecture.
[Prefectural Resource Center] Mondays - Fridays: 9:00 - 17:00 / Saturdays 10:00 - 16:00 [Guest House (Governors Room, VIP Room, etc.)] Saturdays only 10:00 - 16:00 * Tours of the Guest House on weekdays are available by appointment for groups of 10 people or more.